Oxford County Vital Records
For a time in the nineteenth century, towns were required to return marriage records to the county clerk. Returns for this county have been transcribed and published as Marriage Returns of Oxford County, Maine Prior to 1892 [see the Oxford County Bibliography]. In 1927, the state asked towns to return copies of their pre-1892 vital records. The towns of Albany, Gilead, Hanover, Hebron, Mexico, Rumford, Sweden, Waterford and Otisfield (since annexed to Oxford County) complied. These records are available on microfilm at the Archives, and at other places in the state [view list of repositories]. They may also be ordered through the Family History Library catalog.
Since 1892, towns have been required to file returns of births, marriages, and deaths with the state. Records through 1955 have been microfilmed, and are available at the State Archives, and at several libraries and historical societies throughout the state [view list of repositories]. They are also available, in part, through the Family History Library catalog.
Town Records in the IGI
The International Genealogical Index, online at FamilySearch, includes transcribed birth and marriage records for many Oxford County towns, and former towns. Choose a record type (birth or marriage) from the drop-down list below, and then choose a town. A new window will open, ready for you to enter search criteria. (Internet Explorer users should select "North America" as their region before searching.) Choose "Catalog" and then a town name to view microfilm and books available from your local Family History Center.
- Maine pre-1892 Marriage Index (partial)
- Maine Marriages, 1892-1966, 1976-1996
- Maine Deaths, 1960-1996
- Maine Divorce Index (partial)
- Maine Name Changes, 1820-1891
- Andover Vital Records
- Fryeburg Marriages and Marriage Intentions, 1777-1892
- Grafton Vital Records — From The Oxford Triangle.
- Newry Marriages, 1846-1887
- Newry Vital Records — From The Oxford Triangle.
- Norway Vital Records, 1915
- Otisfield Vital Statistics
- Oxford Vital Records
- Marriages Recorded in Porter Prior to Apr. 18, 1833
- Marriages Recorded in Porter, 1833 to 1858
- Rumford Intentions of Marriage, 1801-1889
- Stow Vital Records
- Some Sumner Vital Records, 1834-1878
- Early Marriages in Turner, 1785-1797
- Upton Vital Records
- Woodstock Vital Records
Other Records Online
- Necrology of Mrs. Emma A. Mason of Buckfield
- Record of Marriages by Rev. John Tripp of Hebron
- Deaths in Norway, 1789-1819
- Deaths in Norway, 1820-1852
- Norway Deaths, 1853-1872
- Norway Deaths, 1876-1900
- Norway Deaths, 1901-1922
- Accidental Deaths in Otisfield, 1803-1940
- Some Records of the Congregational Church in Oxford
- Paris Deaths, 1803-1878
- Deaths in Rumford, 1840-1880
- Intentions, Marriages, Births, and Deaths Recorded in Gorham
- Rev. Jonathan Scott's Record of Marriages, 1797-1813
- Marriages Recorded in Andover, Mass.
- Marriages Recorded in Lawrence, Mass.
- Marriages Recorded in Methuen, Mass.
- Marriages Recorded in Millbury, Mass.
- Marriages Recorded in Newton, Mass.